Foods that positively impact gut health
- Yogurt contains prebiotics and probiotics which promote good bacteria growth in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Water keeps you hydrated, aids in digestion by helping move foods along and helps prevent constipation
- Fruits and vegetables are high in fiber. Apples, beans or fruits with skin aid in healthy digestion, and berries and tomatoes contain antioxidants. Parents can most effectively get their kids to eat fruits and vegetables by modeling behavior and being creative.
- Paired snacks like carrots and ranch or apples and peanut butter help kids feel full and energized from fat and protein.
- Low-fat cheeses are a good source of calcium if a child cannot tolerate milk. Cheese is naturally lower in lactose
If you have been searching Google for a gastroenterologist near me, gastroenterologist for children near me or children’s gastroenterologist near me, look no further then kids gi care. Schedule a consultation online at kidsgikare.com/